Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy Promotes Healing and Microcirculation of Chronic Diabetic Foot Ulcers: A Pilot Study


" By the end of the treatment period, there was an 18% decrease in wound size in the active PEMF [14 sessions within 3 weeks (duration: 60 minutes; frequency: 12 Hz; intensity: 12 Gauss)] group as compared with a 10% decrease in the control group. The PEMF group demonstrated significant cumulative increase in cutaneous capillary blood velocity (by 28%) and 14% increase in capillary diameter. In contrast, the control group showed a decrease in both capillary blood velocity and diameter."


Last modified on 30-May-16

/ EMMIND - Electromagnetic Mind